Thursday, January 2, 2014

Baked Maple and Pecan Brie


I found this recipe on Pinterest (imagine that LOL) and it originates from marthastewart.com.  Now I AM NOT a Martha Stewart fan, in fact, I have admittedly tried several of her recipes prior to this one and they did not pass my taste test at all BUT this one is a definite winner!!!  Thank you Martha!  And ya'll ... I didn't change a thing!!!  I made it for our Family Christmas Eve gathering and it was a hit ... someone even requested it again for our New Year's Eve gathering though I didn't make it a second time ... I just wasn't up to fighting the crowds in the grocery store ... AGAIN.  But let me tell ya ... this recipe is a definite do again and again and again!!!  Love it!!!

Baked Maple and Pecan Brie

1 small Wheel of Brie
1/2 cup Pecan Halves
3 Tblsps Light Brown Sugar
3 Tblsps Pure Maple Syrup

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place Brie on a rimmed baking pan. Bake until softened - about 15-20 minutes.  Let cool for about 20 minutes.

While Brie is cooling, place Pecans on a baking sheet and toast for about 7-10 minutes.  Sprinkle Pecans over Baked Brie.

In a small saucepan, combine Sugar and Maple Syrup and cook until Sugar dissolves and mixture becomes foamy, 1-2 minutes.


Drizzle warm Sauce over Brie and serve with Crackers or slices of a Baguette.

No comments:

Post a Comment