Saturday, December 3, 2011

Squash Casserole

I came up with this recipe a little over a year ago after tasting ‘the best’ squash casserole I’d ever had in a restaurant … no they didn’t share their recipe with me … I came up with this on my own and it is delicious … the ‘best’ I’ve ever had!  I don’t like my squash … well squashy … lol … you know … cooked to death and mushy!  I like mine still a bit crunchy.  Hope you try it and find it delicious as well. 


Squash Casserole
6 Yellow Squash, sliced
1 Red Onion, chopped
1 stick Butter
1 Tblsp Olive Oil
Pinch Sugar
1 sleeve Ritz Crackers, crushed      
Sea Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1 can Cream of Celery soup (undiluted)
1½ cups Mexican 3-Blend Shredded Cheese

Melt one half stick of Butter in sauté pan with Olive Oil.  Sprinkle squash with Sea Salt and Pepper to taste.  Add Squash to pan along with one half of the chopped Onion.  Sprinkle with pinch of Sugar.  Saute until tender (do not overcook).  Pour cooked Squash and Onions into a large mixing bowl and add the Cream of Celery Soup, remaining Onions and Cheese.  Stir gently to mix.  Pour mixture into greased casserole dish.  Cover with crushed Ritz Crackers.  Dot with remaining half stick of Butter.  Cook in 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes, until bubbly.



No comments:

Post a Comment