Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas Trees for the Porch

I got this idea from Pinterest ... easy, cool and inexpensive ... yet beautiful.  To make them you will need:

A Tomato Cage
Lots of Wired Garland
Christmas Tree Lights

Simply wrap the Garland around and around the Tomato Cage, securing one of the wired limbs onto the Tomato Cage every so often to keep it secure.  Then wrap the Garland with Christmas Lights and waala ... you have Lighted Christmas Trees for your front porch.  If you've ever priced ornamental trees the size of these that are pre-lit (not the skimpy ones) ... they cost somewhere around $100 a piece and sometimes you can get two for about $150.  I'm not sure how much it cost me to make these as I had the items already on hand but believe me it wasn't even close to what it cost to buy ready made pre-lit trees.


No comments:

Post a Comment