Saturday, May 21, 2011

Banana Cake


Banana Cake

2-1/3 cups All Purpose Flour
1-2/3 cup Sugar
1-1/4 cup Ripe Bananas, mashed (I add a little more)
¾ cup Oil (I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
2/3 cup Buttermilk
3 Eggs
1-1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1-1/4 tsp Baking Soda

Beat all ingredients together and place in greased and floured 9x18 pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 mins.  Recipe compliments of my good friend, Traci Reider, who is one of the BEST cooks I know!!!

If using recipe for a layer cake, as I do: Divide batter evenly into four greased (I use Pam) round cake pans.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 mins.

Cream Cheese/Banana Icing

1-8 oz pkg Cream Cheese, softened
1 stick Butter, softened
1 tsp Vanilla
1 box (2 cups) Powdered Sugar
2 Ripe Bananas, mashed
2 Ripe Bananas, sliced (for layers)

Blend together cream cheese, butter and mashed bananas.  Add vanilla and sugar.  Beat until creamy.  Use sliced bananas for in between layers (on top of icing).  I actually make 1-1/2 of this recipe as Alayna loves lots of icing!  Hint: If browning bananas bother you, add a tad of lemon juice to the recipe OR add a bit of Fruit Fresh.
Debbie Kincaid Carboni

No comments:

Post a Comment