Saturday, May 21, 2011

Chickpea (Garbanzo Bean) Salad

2 cans Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 cup Edamame Beans, cooked and rinsed
½ cup Red Bell Pepper, chopped
½ cup Green Bell Pepper, chopped
¼ cup Dried Cranberries
½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
1 tsp Garlic Powder
¼ tsp Sea Salt
½ tsp Sugar
¼ tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Italian Seasoning (with Rosemary, Basil, Oregano, etc.)
1 Tblsp Cumin

Note: I first had this Chickpea Salad from Publix.  It was kinda expensive so I figured I could make my own and when I did it tasted EXACTLY like the one from Publix.  Soooo … these measurements are approximate.    Add more seasoning, oil and vinegar to taste.  The main seasoning flavor should be the Cumin!

Combine all ingredients and stir gently with a wooden spoon.  Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. this sounds fabulous! i am gonna give it a try - love cold salads in the summer! thanks for sharing deb! xx c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just tried this salad from Publix (with a little pressure because I did not think it looked that appealing). OMG! It is SO tasty and healthy. My cousin is the one that first tried it and pressured me to. Because, she wanted me to help her figure out how to make it. I did a quick search and was so happy to find your recipe. I haven't actually tried making it, but it looks like it's spot on! I've pinned your page and have told all my friends this is a must try dish (even if they don't think it looks/sounds good). Thank you for taking the time to figure it out and sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best salad! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best salad! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete