Monday, September 24, 2012

Basil Meatloaf


This is a recipe I came up with and it’s all about the Basil … yummmm!  I don’t really measure my Basil and I almost always use FRESH!  I just add it until I smell it … If you cook much, you’ll know what I mean!  The one in the photo is a half recipe since hubby was out of town I didn’t need to make a full recipe … so delicious!!!



Basil Meatloaf

2 lbs Ground Beef (I use Organic)
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tablespoon Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped or 2 tsps Dried Basil Leaves
½ tsp Ground Mustard
¼ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
¼ tsp Sea Salt
1 Clove Garlic, Minced or 1/8 tsp Garlic Powder
1 Egg
1 Cup Plain Dry Breadcrumbs
1 small Onion, Finely Chopped (1/4 cup)
½ cup Green Bell Pepper, Finely Chopped

Mix all ingredients and place in a greased loaf pan.  Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes at 350 degrees (uncovered).  I like to cover mine with Ketchup (Simply Heinz) for the last 10-15 mins of cooking.



*Simply Heinz Tomato Ketchup is their ketchup made the old fashioned way … the way it was meant to be made and the way I remember it as a child.  NO high fructose corn syrup or artificial anything.  This is a new product and they still make the old stuff but I prefer this even if it costs a little more!  NOPE ... NOT getting paid for this plug lol

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever tried Simply Organic brand ketchup? We are addicted to it! It's made with agave nectar instead of sugar. Simple ingredients also:) Only about forty cents more expensive than other brands.

    ReplyDelete