Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Crepes ~ Ocean Springs, MS



While visiting my daughter over Labor Day Weekend … this was the first place she took me to for dinner.  She described it as a ‘girly restaurant” because her boyfriend calls it that … why?  Cause one, its walls are painted HOT PINK with black trim and two, crepes just aren't a meaty man’s meal … you know what I mean … the meat and potato kinda man LOL
                 
Most people, me included, think dessert when you think of crepes … well this place has both … Savory and Sweet Crepes and my daughter and I had both … and they were soooo delicious.  If you are ever in the area and hungry for something sorta light and “girly” this is a great restaurant to try.

The décor was pretty cool … an Art Deco sorta vibe … Hot Pink Walls with Glossy Black Trim, Black and White Movie Photos projected on the side walls, the Tables topped with White Linen with a vase of Hot Pink and Black ‘daisies’, an old Black and White film playing (with subtitles) on the back wall, beautiful Art Deco light fixtures, and an open ceiling … industrial look, you know all the pipes and vents showing … all painted Black.  AND then, of course, the menus were covered in brushed chrome metal.



Menu ... pretty cool!

She had the 'Orleans' savory crepe which is Pork Tenderloin, Gruyere Cheese, Spinach, Caramelized Onions Topped with Apricot Chutney.  I tasted, of course, and it was delicious … the pork was so so tender and the Apricot Chutney amazing and not too sweet.  I’d definitely recommend it.

'Orleans' Savory Crepe

For my savory crepe, I had the 'Lucien' which is Spinach, Sautéed Mushrooms (and yes I actually ate them and I HATE mushrooms … it’s the texture more than anything, these were sliced very very thin … my daughter was absolutely SHOCKED that I actually ate them and didn’t pick them out), Feta Cheese, Topped with Tzatziki Sauce and Pine Nuts.  I loved it and was in the mood for vegetarian so this hit the spot!!!  A great crepe to have if you are a vegetarian or just aren’t in the mood for meat.
'Lucien' Savory Crepe

Her sweet crepe, which was dessert, obviously, was the 'Charlemagne' which is a Vanilla Mascarpone Cheese filled Crepe Topped with an Espresso Infused Nutella Drizzle, Finished with Macadamian Coconut Crunch and she had a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream on top … oh my goodness … I’m not a Nutella fan but this was amazingly good!!!

My sweet crepe was the 'Augustine' which is Caramelized Bananas Topped with Chocolate Espresso Sauce and Toasted Coconut … and I had it topped with Fresh Whipped Cream … heck, might as well go the whole shebang LOL

Sorry ya'll ... I don't know how I missed taking a pic of our Sweet Crepes but trust me ... they were delicious ... we both ate every last bite!!!

Dinner time Savory Crepes range in price from $11-16.00 and the Sweet Crepes range in price from $6-8.00 and Fresh Whipped Cream and Ice Cream is extra.

An enjoyable meal … I’d recommend it for sure but only if you want a ‘light’ sorta meal and not something more hearty … like meat and potatoes LOL

I couldn't find a website for this restaurant but it is on Facebook, Yelp and Urbanspoon.  


1 comment:

  1. Makes me want to try all that girly food and visit the girly restaurant!

    ReplyDelete