Thursday, September 5, 2013

Phoenicia Gourmet Restaurant ~ Ocean Springs, MS


I first ate at this restaurant the last time I visited my daughter and I have actually dreamed about their Hummus, Grape Leaves and other dishes (last time my entrée was their Napoleon Chicken, a traditional Greek dish … to die for good!!!) … OMG … this is a MUST TRY restaurant when in the Biloxi, Mississippi area AND if you’ve never crossed the bridge from Biloxi over to Ocean Springs … you do not know what you are missing … what a beautiful, little quaint town … downtown is actually a great HOT SPOT for both restaurants and night clubs and during the day, great boutiques and unique shoppes … love love love this little town!!!  So back to the Phoenicia … their menu is both Greek and Lebanese cuisine … traditional and Greek/Lebanese infused dishes.  It’s sorta upscale so you might feel a little uncomfortable wearing flip flops and shorts but they will still serve you anyway.  The décor is typically Greek … columns, white walls, mirrors, gold gilt … you know the look but think upscale.  Prices are a little upscale too so expect to spend about $20-30 a person for entrees (more if you order an appetizer) BUT ya’ll this place is sooooo worth every penny!!!

Lucy and I took her boyfriend who had never eaten Greek food before … NOT even Hummus …  He LOVED it … every single bite!

We started with Hummus and Fresh Pita Bread which are complementary … you can even ask for more and they will bring it to you … the Hummus is the very BEST I have EVER had in my life … I am not kiddin’ you!  I could lick the bowl … its that dang good!!!  AND the WARM Fresh Pita Bread … Lord have mercy … melts in your mouth (course I’m a sucker for fresh bread of any kind).  I’ve tried to replicate the Hummus at home but I can’t EVEN get close … Lucy and I joked and said they must stir it with their Greek fingers to get it just right … kiddin’ of course LOL

Hummus with Warm Fresh Pita Bread ... the BEST Hummus EVER!!!
I ordered Stuffed Grape Leaves (with meat) for an appetizer to share … it comes with 6 Grape Leaves and is served with a yogurt sauce … I could literally make this my meal … love them!!!  We all loved them so much so we gobbled them down without me snapping a single pic!!!  Sorry!

Lucy and I each had one of their MANY ‘specials’ which aren’t on their regular menu (but both Greek inspired) so I cannot tell you what they were called cause I didn’t make note of it but I can sorta describe them both … here’s pics.

Lucy's dish ~ Lemon Fish topped with a Crab Meat Sauce served with
gently sauteed Fresh Veggies and Rice Pilaf
(the fish was PERFECTLY cooked and their Rice Pilaf is so good I could eat it alone)

My dish ~ Blackend Shrimp (very spicy) and Fresh Crab Cakes
on a bed of Aioli Grits with Asparagus and sprinkled with Fresh Chopped Tomatoes
Boyfriend had the Combination Sharwarma (Beef, Chicken and Shrimp) … a very good traditional Lebanese dish with a Tahini Sauce … excellent dish!

You will NOT be disappointed when you try this restaurant … its definitely gourmet and like I said … worth every penny!!!  My mouth is literally watering just blogging about it … literally!!!

Oh and they DO take reservations which you might want to make cause the first time we went we didn’t know that and had to wait about 45 minutes to get seated … there was a line out the door and a large party (without reservations) ahead of us.  And unfortunately they do not serve wine, beer or liquor so its BYOB and there is a charge for that.

If you’d like to check out their menus and even more food pics here is their website link Phoenicia Gourmet Restaurant



No comments:

Post a Comment