Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pasta Primavera



Pasta Primavera translated means ‘spring pasta’ so as a dish it means pasta with spring vegetables.  There are lots of recipes out there … most all consisting mainly of spring veggies (and pasta) with a very very light tomato based sauce.  The emphasis is on the veggies NOT the sauce.  Sooooo I made up my own variation AND it was absolutely delicious.  Now I don’t have a recipe with actual amounts but I can tell you what I did and maybe you can make one of your own.  I did cheat a little by using canned Tomatoes since I didn’t have any fresh.  Also, you’ll notice I used both Butter and Extra Virgin Olive Oil … you’ll find quite a few of the traditional Italiano dishes (not necessarily the Italian American dishes) start with both.  The Olive Oil keeps the Butter from burning but I like the flavor both, together, add.  Also, I threw in some ready made Meatballs at the end, since my man doesn’t like his meal without including meat!  


Carboni Pasta Primavera

1 Tblsp Butter
1 Tblsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Can Diced Tomatoes
1 Zucchini, diced
½ Lrg Onion, diced
½ Green Bell Pepper, diced
About 6 Leaves of Fresh Basil, chopped
Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste

Heat the Butter and Olive Oil in a skillet then add the Vegetables, Sea Salt and Black Pepper.  Cook until just tender … I like mine still on the crunchy side.  (I kinda over did the Tomatoes, as you might can tell from my photo … I added them alone first and cooked them just a tad more than I would have liked.)  Then add the Basil and cook another minute or two.  Serve over your choice of Pasta.



Again, please note ~ these measurements are not exact!  Pasta Primavera is soooo good on a hot summer day … and quick too!!!


2 comments: