Friday, October 19, 2012

Taco Ring

Here's a recipe from my friend, Valerie Loosen Coleman, and it's delicious, as are all the recipes I post.  Anyway, I've made it quite a few times and once even made it while my Mama was visiting.  She loved it so much that the last time I visited her she had requested I make it while I was there but somehow we got busy (she loved to stay on the go) and I never had a chance.  I've thought of that often since losing her and so it had been a while since I made this so I finally made it again just recently.  Wish you were here Mama!

Now, as you can tell from my pictures, I added black beans to mine.    Being lazy ... instead of cooking them on the side.  Not so sure that was a good idea ... Oh it tasted just fine but the beans seemed to take up all the moisture in the meat so I wouldn't advise it.  This recipe is GREAT just the way it is.  Thanks Valerie!

  
Taco Ring

2 (8 oz) pkgs Crescent Rolls
1-1/2 lbs Lean Ground Beef
2 cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 pkg Taco Seasoning
2 Tblsps Water
1 Egg White, slightly beaten

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Brown Ground Beef and drain.  Stir in Taco Seasoning, all but a small amount of the Cheese, and the Water.

Scoop meat mixture evenly over Crescent Roll ring.  (See photos)  Brush top of Taco Ring with Egg Whites and sprinkle with remaining Cheese.  Bake 25-30 minutes.

Serve with Shredded Lettuce, Chopped Onion, Chopped Tomatoes and Sour Cream.

Lay out Crescent Rolls in star pattern.

Scoop meat mixture onto the rolls

Pull points of rolls over meat mixture
and tuck under ~ be creative!

Brush dough with Egg Whites

Sprinkle remaining Cheese on top

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I make this and the chicken and broccoli one all the time!

    ReplyDelete