Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Warming Artisan Bread


If you love Artisan Bread, you know the fresh breads from Publix or Super Target like Tuscan, Rosemary, French Boule, French Baguette, Italian, Whole Garlic … yummmm.  I do and I personally could probably live off of bread and water … well at least FRESH bread.  That’s why I’m afraid to learn how to make it myself … yikes … I’d be in big trouble. 

You know how that bread gets hard after a day or two or even three?  Well here’s a helpful hint on how to warm up that bread when it’s a day or two or three old … it will taste just like it was fresh out of the oven.  Soft, warm and oh so delicious.

Take a paper towel and wet it, squeeze out all of the water so it is just damp.  Wrap your piece of bread (I’ve only done a piece or two at a time) in the damp paper towel and place it in the microwave (yea they are good for something) for 20-30 seconds.  Be careful removing from microwave because it WILL be hot.  Serve with your favorite Extra Virgin Olive Oil and seasonings or Butter … just like fresh out of the oven.  Amazingly like having fresh baked bread!  

No comments:

Post a Comment