Tuesday, July 16, 2013

italio ~ Winter Park, Florida




Anthony and I ate at italio recently while I was in Orlando … this place seems to be one of those in a growing trend to redefine fast food.  It’s very similar to Chipotle in their set up … as Anthony put it “it’s an Italian Chipotle” LOL

You order either a Pasta Bowl, Piadina (an Italian wrap made with traditional Italian flatbread) or a Salad Bowl then you are given options to add to it … meats (or veggies), sauces and fresh toppings. 


I had a Pasta Bowl and believe me it is a whole lotta food!  Mine started with Traditional Pasta (you have a choice of traditional or whole wheat), with grilled Chicken and Basil Pomodoro (crushed tomatoes, garlic and basil) for my sauce.  Then I had them add Fresh Baby Spinach, Sliced Red Onion, Fresh Basil and Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese.  Anthony and I shared a Basil Pesto Italio Stick (made from Piadina) and served with Basil Pomodoro Sauce.  
My glass of water dwarfed by my straw!

The food was very good … not sure how healthy but I guess that depends on the choices you make when you have your dish custom made.  I definitely want to eat here again when I’m back down that way … not only was the food really good but the atmosphere and décor are pretty cool.  According to their website they only have 3 restaurants, thus far, but have 3 more coming soon … all in Florida (so far).
Loved the outdoor seating area too!

A great place to eat if you love Italian and are looking for something fresh and fast!  Check out their website and menu here: italio




No comments:

Post a Comment