Friday, April 5, 2013

Smoothies

This post will be a continuing one as I experiment and try different smoothies ... all of which are healthy!

Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie

Want a healthy breakfast on the run?  Or maybe a healthy snack.  This basic Banana Smoothie recipe is awesome!  

No ... a smoothie is not the same as juicing as most Smoothies contain dairy, either yogurt or milk or in my case Silk (soy milk), which isn’t really dairy as in being from a cow but I don’t like milk so it works for me.  The other difference is that juicing is nothing but fruits and veggies … period.  No added ice or milk products … just pure veggies and/or fruit.  

But hey ... Smoothies are awesome and healthy too!  And I still juice even if I smoothie!
Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie

Blend a Banana (mine was a large one so you may need 2 if they are small), 1 Tablespoon of Peanut Butter (I use Skippy Natural … it’s as close to homemade as you can get without all the crazy additives), 10 oz Milk (I use Silk Very Vanilla cause that’s what I drink) and 6-8 Ice Cubes.  Enjoy!
Blueberry Banana Smoothie
Blueberry Banana Smoothie

Blend a Banana, Handful of Frozen Organic Blueberries and 8 oz Silk (I prefer Very Vanilla).  You don’t need ice cubes for this one since the Blueberries are frozen.  Enjoy!

Banana Coconut Smoothie
Banana Coconut Smoothie

Blend a Banana, 1 Tablespoon of Peanut Butter, 8 oz Silk Very Vanilla, 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil, 1/2 teaspoon Chia Seeds and 6-8 Ice Cubes. Enjoy!  Very delicious and with the added Chia Seeds ... extra healthy!


Banana Avocado Smoothie
Banana Avocado Smoothie

This one was a little different.  I had half of an Avocado left over and it needed to be eaten so I thought ... why not add it to my morning smoothie.  The smoothie was a little thicker than normal and the taste was okay ... not wonderful but not bad either.  I drank the whole thing because even though it wasn't delish ... all the ingredients are good healthy stuff.

Blend a Banana, 1/2 Avocado (peeled, of course), 8 oz Silk Very Vanilla, 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil, 1/2 teaspoon Chia Seeds and 6-8 Ice Cubes.


No comments:

Post a Comment