Monday, April 1, 2013

Roasted Parmesan Cauliflower

I found this recipe on Pinterest which originates from Bonappetit.com  ... I didn’t change much about it and it was soooo good.  Roasting veggies is so easy!  I did follow the original recipe too closely and bout burnt mine (original recipe called for cooking it a total of 25 minutes, which apparently is way too long for my oven which is normally spot on) so I have adjusted the recipe accordingly.  It's very similar to a recipe Scott's Nana gave me years ago which I've made quite a bit over the years: Steamed Cauliflower with Parmesan and Butter ... yummmm








ROASTED PARMESAN CAULIFLOWER

1 Head Cauliflower
3 Tblsps Olive Oil
1 Med Onion, thinly sliced
6-7 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
2 large Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper
Grated Parmesan Cheese

Preheat oven to 425°. Cut Cauliflower florets into 1/2 inch slices.*  In a large bowl, gently toss Cauliflower with Onion, Thyme, Garlic, Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper.  

Spread Cauliflower mixture onto a large rimmed baking sheet.  Roast for about 10-12 minutes.  Sprinkle with Parmesan and roast until cheese has melted.

* It's not easy to slice Cauliflower as a lot of it will crumble, just toss those crumbles in too.  Believe me you will want every last nibble of this Roasted Cauliflower.  



No comments:

Post a Comment