Sunday, May 5, 2013

Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars

 Another Pinterest find (courtesy: www.pincookie.com).  This one I actually did a SEARCH for cause I was looking for something with Blueberries!  The only thing I’ve change is that I only made HALF a recipe since (1) I only had 8 oz of Cream Cheese on hand and most importantly (2) I knew I’d be the one eating it all and I didn’t want a whole one LOL  Oh and I used Frozen Organic Blueberries since I didn’t have fresh which worked out just fine.  I did still use a 9x9 baking dish so mine just turned out thinner than original version BUT oh so sinfully delicious!!!  I could literally eat the whole thing … but I won’t LOL.  If you want the full recipe you’ll either have to do the math or go to the website where original recipe is found.  Here’s the link: http://www.pincookie.com/lemon-blueberry-cheesecake-bars-2/






Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
(NOTE: Double ingredients for full sized bars)

For Base:
Butter, for greasing
1 Tblsp Sugar*
1/16 Tblsp Ground Cinnamon
4-1/2 Graham Crackers
¼ stick Unsalted Butter, melted
For the Filling:
8 oz Cream Cheese, room temperature
1 Egg
1 Lemon, zested and juiced
1/4 cup Sugar*
1 cup Frozen Blueberries, thawed

Preheat oven to 325°

For the Base:
Grease bottom of a 9x9-inch baking pan with Butter.  Place parchment paper (cut to size) over the Butter, pressing down at the corners. In a food processor, process the Sugar, Cinnamon and Graham Crackers until you have the consistency of breadcrumbs.  Add the Melted Butter and pulse a couple of times to fully incorporate.  Pour into the lined baking pan and firmly pat down with the bottom of a glass.  Bake for about 5-7 minutes, or until set.

For the filling:
Add Cream Cheese, Egg, Lemon Zest, Lemon Juice, and Sugar to the food processor and pulse until well combined.  It should have a smooth consistency.  Pour onto the cooked base and then sprinkle with Blueberries. They will sink slightly but should be half exposed.

Bake for 15-30 minutes, or until the center only slightly jiggles.  Cool completely and then refrigerate for at least 3 hours.  Once set, remove from pan using the parchment lining and slice into 10 rectangular bars.

*I use Organic Sugar so I used less than the above recipe called for.

No comments:

Post a Comment