Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Noisy Oyster, (Downtown) Charleston SC

Memorial Day Weekend 2013


This restaurant was recommended by several ‘locals’ so we gave it a try… funny thing is … none of us could remember its exact name so I kept calling it ‘Nasty Oyster’ or ‘Dirty Oyster’.  LOL 

Anyway … this restaurant is located on Market Street and is an open air restaurant and pretty cool since the weather was perfect!  Décor was typical beachy/seafood restaurant … we didn’t have to wait long at all but that’s cause once again we ate a late lunch/early dinner since we had a great brunch every day at our hotel (Embassy Suites on Meeting Street).

Anthony and I decided to finally give the local beer “Palmetto” a try so we both got a glass of draft which came in Pilsners so it was a little more than what a bottle would hold … it was really good …hoppy … and apparently very strong because even drinking only one with dinner … Anthony and I were both a little ‘tipsy’ … not sure if Anthony would appreciate me calling him ‘tipsy’ LOL since its kinda a girly word BUT I don’t know what else to call it … we weren’t drunk by no means … just feeling the effects of the alcohol … AND after only one beer each!!!  I’d definitely recommend trying this local beer.

Fried Gator Tail with Honey Dijon Sauce
We ordered an appetizer of Fried Gator Tail served with a honey-dijon sauce.  The bite sized Gator Tail was great but none of us were crazy about the sauce that was served with it … it just didn’t go, ya know?

Shrimp and Grits with Cornbread
I ordered Shrimp and Grits which was served with a slice of Cornbread.  Here’s the description from the menu “Creamy grits topped with fresh locally caught Shrimp, Sausage, Onion and Tasso Ham Gravy” … I highly recommend it … it was absolutely delicious … the Cornbread and the Shrimp and Grits … perfectly seasoned and had lots of shrimp in it and decent sized ones too … yummmmmmmmmy.  The Cornbread was soft and moist … the way I like it!  Lord its making my mouth water just thinking of it!!!

Scott ordered a Grilled Chicken Sandwich (I know I know … it’s a Seafood Restaurant what’s he doing ordering Chicken) … anyway … he said it was really good … chicken was juicy and perfectly cooked.

Fried Shrimp (and that's my son, Anthony, photojacking)
Anthony ordered the Fried Shrimp with a side of French Fries … he let me taste one so I know for a fact they were great!  Good sized shrimp and lots of ‘em … lightly breaded and not at all greasy.  Fries were perfect too … just like I like ‘em (though they were Anthony’s lol).

Shrimp Po' Boy with Hush Puppies
Kay ordered a Shrimp Po’ Boy cause she’d be craving one with a side of Hush Puppies … now I don’t know much about Po’ Boys, how they are supposed to taste and exactly what is supposed to be on them (I suppose they are just a sandwich made with some type seafood).  Kay said it was good … she would order it again.  Oh and I tried the Hush Puppies and they were good too!!

Oh look!  Its a heart-shaped Tomato slice!
Bottom line ~ We would definitely return to this restaurant so yep … we recommend it!!!  Oh and it’s the NOISY Oyster … Remember that!  LOL

  

No comments:

Post a Comment