Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Quick and Easy Chicken Rice Soup

Not the greatest pic but I wasn't feeling good!

When you’re sick you sure as heck do not feel like cookin’ but a good ole pot of homemade Chicken Rice Soup sure does make ya feel better.  Works for me every time BUT unfortunately its not a cure LOL.  Normally if I’m up to it I cook a chicken breast or two instead of using canned Chicken but canned works in a pinch.  I also will use Fresh Thyme and Chives when I’m feeling up to it.  I like mine brothy but you can adjust broth to your liking.

Quick and Easy Chicken Rice Soup

1 can (12.5 oz) Chicken Breast
2 Celery Stalks, finely sliced
4-5 Green Onions (White and Green Portions), finely chopped
3 cans Chicken Broth (I use Low Sodium)
1 tsp Thyme
¼ cup uncooked Basmati Rice
Freshly Ground Black Pepper to Taste
Dry Chives for garnish (Optional but do add flavor)

*Important: when using Canned Chicken Breast, do not add salt, until you have tasted finished soup.

Cook the Celery in a little bit of EVOO until softened, about 5 minutes.  Add remaining ingredients except for the Chives.  Cook for 20 minutes on simmer until Rice is fully cooked.  Garnish with Chives.




No comments:

Post a Comment