Saturday, March 16, 2013

Traditional Corned Beef Cabbage and Potatoes


It's St. Patrick's Day tomorrow and we will be having our traditional Corned Beef, Cabbage and Potatoes.  Easy to fix ... just follow the directions on the Corned Beef (making sure to add the seasoning packet that comes with it) and about 20-30 minutes before your Corned Beef is done, add potatoes (washed, of course), either cut up or whole, peeled or unpeeled, doesn't really matter but the seasonings from the meat make them awesome and no need to season with anything else.  I like to peel mine afterwards as the vitamins from the skin are cooked up inside them!  When I mash mine, I leave a tad of the water in them and dish out any large seasonings, add a bit of butter or half-n-half and yummm.  For the Cabbage, I cook it as I do my Southern Braised Cabbage except that I use some of the broth off the meat as the seasoning ... just enough to cover bottom of pan and I prefer to cook it in my Cast Iron Skillet.

So .... 


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment